- Which of the following is the best method of opening airway of the suspected cervical vertebrae injury?
Head tilt- Chin lift.
Jaw thrust maneuver.
Modified head tilt-chin lift.
- Which of the following is used to test the unconscious patient’s peripheral response to pain?
Nail bed pressure.
Pressure on the orbital rim.
Squeezing of the sternocleidomastoid muscle.
- Which of the following position is used for lumbar puncture procedure?
Lateral with pillow under the hip.
Lateral with the legs pulled up and head bent down onto chest.
- In which of the following condition have trends include increasing temperature and blood pressure and decreasing pulse and respirations?
Increased intracranial pressure.
Decreased intracranial pressure.
- Which of the following position is contraindicated in increased intracranial pressure?
Head turned to the side.
Neck in neutral position.
Head of the bed elevated 30 to 45 degrees.
- Which of the following measure helps to avoid elevation in intracranial pressure?
Exhaling during repositioning.
- Which of the following condition is characterized by severe, throbbing headache, flushing of the face and neck, bradycardia, and sudden severe hypertension?
- To assess the coordinated functioning of the cranial nerves 3, 4 , and 6, which of the following test to be done?
Pupil response to light.
Six cardinal fields of gaze.
Pupil response to light and accommodation.
- Which of the following is known as the trunk line of nervous system?
- Respiration is controlled by respiratory center located in?
- Brodmann’s area 46 refers to?
Primary motor cortex.
Primary auditory cortex.
Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex.
Primary visual cortex.
- Spaces between Schwann cells of neurons are called?
Nodes of Ranvier.
- Which of the following neurotransmitter is not a monoamine?
- The cerebellum is located in?
Middle cranial fossa.
Posterior cranial fossa.
Anterior cranial fossa.
- The brain area that involved in receptive language functions that are localized in left hemisphere?
- The mechanism of action of alcohol on the brain is attributed to?
Release of GABA.
Release of dopamine.
Suppression of acetylcholine.
Release of epinephrine.
- Which of the following is true about neurotic depression?
Best treatment is ECT.
Usually is bipolar.
There is no insight.
Usually associated with anxiety.
- Reflex action is controlled by?
Central nervous system.
Autonomic nervous system.
- Which one of the following is the smallest cranial nerve?
- The sympathetic nervous system is otherwise called?
Cervico sacral system.
- Largest cavity in the brain is called?
- Which of the following function is controlled by parasympathetic system?
Acceleration of heart beat.
Stimulation of sweat gland.
Contraction of hair muscles.
- Which of the following nerve originates from medulla?
- Thermo-regulatory center is human brain is?
None of these.
- Autonomic nervous system controls?
Functioning of visceral organs.