Medical & Surgical Nursing Quiz Questions - 25 No.s
“Anatomy and Physiology Nursing Quiz”
Pediatric Nursing Questions and Answers With Rationales
Medical and Surgical Nursing Quiz
1. Temperature regulating center of body is?
b. Medulla Oblangata
2. Which of the following types of cells is most common in the CNS ?
3. Circle of Willis is formed by the following except?
a. Posterior cerbral artery
b. Anterior and posterior communicating arteries
c. Anterior cerbral arteries
d. Basilar arteries
4. Which of the following are mixed cranial nerves?
a. V, VII, IX, X
b. I, II, VIII
c. III, IV, XI, XII
d. I, II, III, VIII
5. Which of the following is a screening test for balance?
a. Rinne’s test
b. Webber test
c. Allen’s test
d. Romberg’s test
6. Most important indicators in GCS(Glassgow Coma Scale)?
a. Eye response
b. Verbal response
c. Motor response
d. Pupil response
7. Which of the following instructions to be given before an EEG?
a. NPO for 3 hours
b. Can have clear fluids only
c. Can have breakfast
d. Use stimulants
8. Cob-Web appearance of CSF indicate?
a. Bacterial Meningitis
b. Viral meningitis
c. TB meningitis
9. If GRBS is 120 mg/dL. What is the expected CSF glucose level?
a. 60 mg/dL
b. 70 mg/dL
c. 80 mg/dL
d. 90 mg/dL
10. Which of the following diagnosis is possible only with MRI?
a. Posterior fossa tumour
11. A bruise over the mastoid process in skull fracture is?
a. Raccoon’s eye sign
b. Battle’s sign
c. Lhermitte’s sign
d. Cullen’s sign
12. Which of the following is the first drug of choice of status epilepticus?
13. “Strict oral hygiene” is instructed to those on?
c. Sodium valporate
14. Which of the following drug kept ready during Tensilon test?
15. Which of the following vitamin should be restricted for a patient on Levodopa?
16. Which of the following group of drugs to be withheld if he or she shows classical signs of Parkinson’s disease?
a. Mood stabilizers
b. MAO inhibitors
17. A 78-year-old client is admitted to the emergency department with numbness and weakness of the left arm and slurred speech.
Which of the nursing intervention is priority?
a. Prepare to administer recombinent tissue plasminogen activator(tPA)
b. Discuss the precipitating factors that caused the symptoms
c. Schedule for a Stat CT scan of the head
d. Notify the speech pathologist for an emergency consult.
18. A client arrives in the emergency department with ishchemic stroke and receives tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) administration.
Which is the priority nursing assessment?
a. Current medications
b. Complete physical and history
c. Time of onset of current stroke
d. Upcoming surgical procedures
19. A client with head trauma develops a urine output of 300 ml/hr, dry skin, and dry mucous membrane. Which of the following nursing intervention is the most appropriate to perform initially?
a. Evaluate urine specific gravity
b. Anticipate treatment for renal failure
c. Provide emolients to the skin to prevent breakdown
d. Slow down the IV fluids and notify the physician
20. A male client is having tonic-clonic seizure. What should the nurse do first?
a. Elevate the head of the bed
b. Restrain the client’s arms and legs
c. Place a tongue blade in the client’s mouth
d. Take measures to prevent injury
21. The nurse is assessing the motor function of an unconscious patient. the nurse would plan to use which plan to use the client’s peripheral response to pain?
a. Sternal rub
b. Nail bed pressure
c. Pressure on the orbital rim
d. Squeezing of the sternocliedomastoid muscle
22. A female client has experienced an episode of myasthenic crisis.The nurse would assess whether the client has precipitating factors such as?
a. Getting too little exercise
b. Taking excess medications
c. Omitting doses of medications
d. Increasing intake of fatty foods
23. What is the classical signs of autonomic dysreflexia?
a. Hypertension and tachycardia
b. Hypertension and bradycardia
c. Hypotension and tachycardia
d. Hypotension and bradycardia
24. Therapeutic position given after intratentorial surgery?
a. Flat position
b. Semi-Fowler’s position at an angle of 30 degrees
c. Prone position
d. Trendlenburg position
25. Which of the following is contraindicated in cerebral aneurysm?
c. Anti-lipid therapy
d. Rectal temperature assessment
26. Pentaplegia means quadriplegia plus?
c. Respiratory paralysis
d. Paralytic ileus
27. What is CPP of a patient with BP 140/90 mmHg and ICP is 10 mmHg?
a. 96 mmHg
b. 106 mmHg
c. 116 mmHg
d. 120 mmHg
28. The term used to denote the inability to identify familiar objects?
29. Paralysis of corresponding parts on both sides of the body, typically affecting the legs more severely than the arms is termed as?
30. Mr. Shyju has undergone an attack of head injury. At present he is not able to talk but able to understand everything.
Which of the following lobe of brain is involved?
d. Occipital lobe
Image Based (O.T Instruments) Questions and Answers with explanation.