Fundamentals of Nursing Part- 1(Click this link)
Total Quiz Questions=25
Best of fundamental nursing quizzes.There is no shortcut other than hard work to reach your goal.You must try these nursing questions and answers before appearing any nursing interview, staff nurse exam or nursing school exam. It will be helpful for both nurses and student nurses.The above embedded YouTube video may help to get study before trying this quiz.
1. The test is done to study the ability of the kidney to concentrate urine is?
Fish berg concentration test
Bromosulfonaphthalein excretion test
Phenosulfonaphthalein excretion test
Augmented histamine test
2. If air bubbles appear during chest drainage then?
It shows air leakage
It shows water leakage
It is a normal condition
It indicates air embolism
3. For giving enema, the height of enema can from the anus should be?
4. While lifting a patient, a nurse bends on her?
Hips and back
Hips and knees
Back and knees
5. A nursing intervention designed to decrease the risk of infection in a patient with an indwelling catheter include?
Cleanse the area around the meatus
Empty catheter drainage bag at least daily
Change catheter tubing and bag every 48 hours
Maintain intake of 1200 – 1500 ml every day
6. Before administering the medicine to a patient, a nurse checks the prescription?
7. While measuring the blood pressure in the upper arm, the chest piece of the stethoscope is placed over which of the following arteries?
8. The nurse should proceed with a patient’s bed bath in the following order?
Hands, arms, face, neck, abdomen, chest, back, legs and perineum
Face, neck, arms, chest, abdomen, back, legs and perineum
Arms, legs, face, neck, chest, abdomen, back and perineum
Arms, hands, legs, perineum, abdomen, back, neck and face
9. Causes of constipation are following, except?
Insufficient intake of roughage
Increased fluid intake
Lack of privacy
10. The enema is given to relieve inflammation is?
11. Amphetamine is used for all, except?
Attention deficit hyperkinetic state in children
12. Causes of retention of urine are the following, except?
Pressure on the bladder by fecal impaction
Poor fluid intake
Use of diuretics
13. Drug of choice in absence seizure is?
14. The small animals with strong sharp teeth such as rats, mice, and rabbits are examples of?
15. The technique which is used to prevent cross-infection is known as?
16. The following points should be kept in mind while washing hands, except?
Cut short the nails
Use soap or detergents
Do not remove jewelry it may be misplaced
Clean the interdigital space properly
17. An amputation bed is also known as?
18. The main purpose of the cardiac bed is?
To increase appetite
To relieve dyspnoea
To keep the patient warm
To increase circulation
19. The article to be sterilized by autoclave are kept in?
The outer chamber of the autoclave
The inner chamber of the autoclave
Middle chamber of the autoclave
All the chambers
20. Eusol solution contains?
Spirit and betadine
Betadine and H2O2
Boric acid and bleaching powder
Boric acid and H2O2