Most Repeated Nursing Questions and Answers 2022
1. The drug of choice for warfarin overdose?
a. Protamine sulfate
b. Vitamin K
c. Iron dextran
2. Which among the following is NOT an autoimmune disorder?
a. Rheumatoid arthritis
b. Myasthenia gravis
c. Pernicious anemia
3. Which among the following is NOT an oncologic emergency?
b. Superior vena cava syndrome
c. Septic shock
4. The primary cause of diabetic ketoacidosis is?
a. GI disturbance
b. Insulin over dosage
c. Omitted meals
d. Not taking insulin regularly
5. The ECG changes due to hypokalemia is?
a. Tall peaked T wave
b. Prominent U wave
c. ST segment elevation
d. Widened QRS complex
6. A 15 years old boy is brought to casuality with major chest injury with severe dyspnea, The life-threatening of chest injury in this case would be?
a. Diaphragmatic rupture
b. Tension pneumothorax
c. Tracheo bronchial rupture
7. The pre-operative assessment warrants immediate notification to the surgeon is?
a. Temperature 101.5° F
b. Serum sodium 135 meq/L
c. Broncho vesicular breath sounds
d. B P 135/80 mmHg
8. Which of the following observation suggest a perforated bowel?
a. Nausea, vomiting and abdominal distention
b. Jaundice and clay colored stool
c. Rigid, tender abdomen and absence of bowel sounds
d. Dyspnea and chest pain
9. The refractive error of the eye in which the light rays from the object are focused in front of the retina?
b. Hyper metropia
10. A patient with rheumatoid arthritis has been taking steroid medication for one year. The nurse should assess for?
a. Decreased WBCs
b. Increased C-reactive protein
c. Increased ESR
d. Decreased serum glucose level
11. World’s first human case of monkeypox detected in?
c. Democratic Republic of Congo
15. World Blood Donor’s Day is celebrated on?
a. April 15
b. May 15
c. June 14
d. July 14
16. Monkeypox virus is mainly transmitted through the following routes, except?
a. Close contact with lesions
b. Respiratory droplets
c. Contaminated materials
d. Blood transfusions
17. Where is National Institute of Virology located in India?
a. New Delhi
18. Where is India’s first-ever Brain Museum is located?
a. AIIMS New Delhi
b. JIPMER Puducherry
c. NIMHANS Bengaluru
d. PGIMER Chandigarh
19. Which of the following is NOT involved in Whipples resection?
a. Resection of proximal pancreas and adjoining duodenum
b. Resection of Distal segment of common bile duct
c. Resection of distal portion of intestine
d. Resection of the Distal portion of the stomach
20. The position in which a patient is placed while inserting a central venous catheter
c. Reverse Trendelenburg
d. High fowler
21. The complication expected by the nurse for a patient, who had undergone total hip replacement 24 hours back?
a. Urinary retension
b. Fat embolism syndrome
c. Hypovolemic shock
d. Pulmonary edema
22. While assessing the characteristics of the dialysate outflow for a patient with peritoneal dialysis, the nurse notify cloudy appearance of the outflow. What does it indicate?
a. Normal appearance
c. Bowel perforation
23. Dumping syndrome after Billroth II surgery may be prevented by
a. Lying down after meals
b. Drinking water after meals
c. Stay in upright position after meals
d. Bend over after meals
24. The dietary advice for a patient with ileostomy would include
a. Avoid high fibre diet
b. Restrict the amount of fluid intake
c. Limit the calorie intake
d. Encourage the patient to increase the consumption of milk
25. Left-sided congestive heart failure is most often associated with?
b. Distended neck veins
c. Hepato megaly
d. Pedal edema
26. Which of the following is an early sign and symptom for carcinoma larynx?
b. Hoarseness of voice
c. Frothy sputum
d. Drooling of saliva
27. Tissue plasminogen activator is administered in myocardial infarction (MI) to?
a. Control chest pain
b. Reduce coronary artery vasospasm
c. Control dysrhythmias associated with MI
d. Revascularise the blocked coronary artery
28. For a patient diagnosed with ARDS, a nurse should expect an order to prepare the patient for
b. Mechanical ventilation
c. Noninvasive ventilation
d. Insertion of chest tube
29. Which of the following is NOT an indication for digoxin administration?
a. Congestive heart failure
b. Atrial fibrillation
c. Atrial flutter
d. Angina pectoris without heart failure
30. Which is the most common type of thyroid cancer?
31. A person with head injury is not able to understand or comprehend the language, but verbal response is fluent. The condition is termed as?
a. Wernicke’s aphasia
b. Broca’s aphasia
c. Conduction aphasia
d. Global aphasia
32. Which of the following drug retard the progress of Alzheimer’s disease
d. Vitamin B12
33. Which of the following modes of ventilation ‘lock out’ the patient’s effort to breathe
a. Controlled Mandatory Ventilation (CMV)
c. Assist Control Mode
d. Pressure support mode
Please Subscribe Our YouTube channel – The Nurse
Like our Facebook Page: The Nurse
Please Subscribe to get all our posts in your mail inbox