Table of Contents
Obstetrics and Gynecology Quiz Questions and Answers
Total Quiz Questions=18
Best Of Obstetrics and Gynecology Quiz Questions and Answers. You must try these nursing questions and answers before appearing any nursing interview, staff nurse exam or nursing school exam. It will be helpful for both nurses and student nurses.
Please Subscribe Our YouTube channel – The Nurse
Like our Facebook Page: The Nurse
Obstetrics and Gynecology Quiz Questions and Answers – Rationale
2. Breakthrough bleeding commonly occurs when clients begin taking oral contraceptives; it is midcycle bleeding, and if it persists, the dosage should be changed.
4. Past pelvic infections may result in tubal occlusions, most of which are caused by post infection adhesions.
8. Subsequent to IUD insertion there may be an excessive menstrual flow for several cycles; because the IUD is a foreign body, there is an increase in the blood supply as a result of the inflammatory process.
9. The IUD may cause irritability of the myometrium, inducing contraction of the uterus and expulsion of the device.
10. As ovulation approaches there may be a drop in the basal temperature because of an increased production of estrogen; when ovulation occurs there will be a rise in the basal temperature because of an increased production of progesterone
12. Some spermatozoa will remain viable in the vas deferens for a variable time after vasectomy.
13. At this time, because of increased oestrogen levels, the cervical mucus is abundant, and its quality changes in such a way as to optimize sperm survival time
15. A strategy for increasing the chances of conceiving requires the couple to plan intercourse only while the woman is ovulating; this removes spontaneity and is often stressful.
16. This test enables the examiner to visualize the uterus and fallopian tubes and the pelvic organs of reproduction.
17. Leuprolide is administered once a month via IM injection; it decreases LH and FSH levels, as well as hormone-dependent tissue. One of its side effects is hot flashes.
18. Ceftriaxone a broad-spectrum antibiotic and is preferred during pregnancy.