- The key dietary advice given for patients with gastro esophageal reflux disease is?
a) To avoid caffeine, tobacco, beer, milk and carbonated beverages
b) High fiber diet with lot of fluids
c) To avoid protein and calcium
d) To take high carbohydrate diet
- Tumors within Sella turcica and small adenoma of the pituitary glands can be removed through?
a) Infratentorial approach
b) Transphenoidal approach
d) Supratentorial approach
- HbA1C indicates post serum glucose levels over previous?
a) 1 month
b) 2 months
c) 6 months
d) 3 months
- The main clinical manifestations of pulmonary edema are as follows, except?
d) Caught with expectoration
- Aganglionic disease of the intestinal tract which causes inadequate motility is termed as?
a) Crohn’s disease
b) Hirshsprung’s disease
c) Diverticular disease
d) Ulcerative colitis
- The nurse is assigned to a patient who has a bacterial pneumonia and is under droplet precautions, which personal protective equipment(PPE) will s/he wear to deliver the meal tray?
a) Special filtration mask and gloves
b) Gown, mask, gloves, shoe covers
c) Only mask is needed
d) No PPE required
- Compression of facial nerve in the temporal bone will lead to?
a) Guillan-Barre syndrome
b) Bell’s palsy
c) Multiple myeloma
- The main sign and symptom noticed in patients with achalasia?
a) Butterfly rash
b) Joints pain
- Principles of ethical practice includes the following except?
d) Respect for autonomy
Railway Staff Nurse Vacancy 1109 posts Apply Now
- The inflammatory/exudative phase of wound healing will last for?
a) 1-4 days
b) 5-20 days
c) 21 days to a month
d) 1 year
- Circlage (encircling cervix with suture) is done for patients with?
a) Threatened abortion
b) Incomplete abortion
c) complete abortion
d) Incompetent cervix
- The person becomes short of breath with little exertion, such as when eating a meal, has what kind of respiratory condition?
b) Cheyne-strokes respiration
- Phototherapy is indicated for children with?
a) Hemolytic disease
- Approach to health is that acknowledges and respects the interaction of a person’s mind, body and spirit within the environment is termed as?
a) Health Belief Model
b) Clinical model
c) High level wellness model
d) Holistic health model
Click Here ESIC Staff Nurse Exam 26/02/2019 at 12.30-2.30pm shift Video
- The commonest drug which is administered during and anaphylactic reaction?
d) Injection Epinephrine
- To properly stage a pressure ulcer?
a) Eschar must be removed
b) Natural light must be used
c) The skin must be completely dry
d) The patient must be supine
- the size of which part of eye contributes to the controlling the amount of light entering the eye?
b) Macula lutea
d) Optic disc
- Medical asepsis differs from surgical asepsis in that it is aimed at?
a) Sterilizing all equipment
b) Preventing transmission of microorganisms
c) Killing all microorganisms
d) Preventing entry of microorganisms in to the body
- Preterm labor is when it occurs between?
a) 20-37 weeks of gestation
b) 16-20 weeks of gestation
c) 32-36 weeks of gestation
d) 24-30 weeks of gestation
- A clinical sign that a patient is close death would be?
a) Periods of apnea and irregular respiration
b) Nausea that occurs after meals
c) Pain that is well controlled with small doses of morphine
d) Increasing BP, pulse, respiration
- Repeatative, uncontrollable thoughts and acts(Eg. Rituals, rigidity, inflexibility) is termed as?
a) Ritualistic behavior
b) Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Beds on the unit have rapidly filled and the patient with bacterial pneumonia is about to have a roommate, the roommate is postsurgical patient without an infection, the nurse would?
a) Not to worry because this room has its own air filtration system
b) Make certain that the curtains around the new patient’s bed are functional and completely closed
c) Notify the admitting office that the new patient cannot be housed with a patient under droplet pneumonia
d) Simply prepare the unit for the arrival of the new patient
- The cerebrospinal fluid is secreted by?
a) Arachnoid villi
b) Central sulcus
c) Choroid plexuses
- Eclampsia is characterized by the following except?
a) Marked proteinuria
c) BP greater than 160/110 mmHg
d) Mild facial edema
- The cleft palate usually repaired?
a) 3 months
b) 12-18 months
c) 2-3 years
d) 6 months
After scoring on the next page, click “Give Me More”, we have recommendations for you!