ICU Nursing Interview Questions & Answers
1. Which of the following is not a method of confirming correct positioning of an endotracheal tube?
a. End tidal CO2 detector
b. Asking patient to speak
c. Breath sound
d. Chest X-ray
2. Which among the following need to be monitored for a patient received spinal anaesthesia?
a. Oxygen level
c. Renal function
d. Brain activity
3. Which among the following fluid is used as plama expanders?
c. Both of these
d. Normal saline
4. The major electrolyte responsible for determining the concetration of the extracellular fluid?
5. A patient with metabolic acidosis will be prescribed which among the following?
b. Sodium bicarbonate
c. Serum sodium level
6. Which of the following is a risk of long-term 100 % oxygen?
a. Oxygen toxicity
b. Cerebral edema
7. The first step in the waste management process is?
b. Collection and storage
d. Treatment and disposal
ICU Interview Questions for Nurses 2022
8. Care bundles associated with central line care is?
9. To check for paralytic ileus post operatively, which of the following should be done?
a. Monitor renal function
b. Auscultate for bowel sounds every 4 hours
c. Administer antibiotics
d. Observe and monitor patient heart rate
10. High PEEP in ventilator settings can cause?
11. Transferring to the operating room or the intensive care unit comes under which stage of triage?
d. All of these
12. Failure to pass meconium within 48 hours of birth in a newborn with no obvious external abnormality should lead to the suspicion of?
a. Anal atresia
b. Congenital pouch colon
c. Congenital aganglionosis
d. Meconium ileus
13. In patients with worsening acute lung injury or ALI, which among the following should be considered to improve outcome?
a. prone positioning
b. Conservative fluid management
c. Search for other diagnosis
d. Search for and treat undiagnosed underlying condition
14. Incentive spirometry after surgery helps to prevent?
a. Lung collapse
b. Gastric and intestinal problems
c. Elevated blood pressure
d. Blood clotting
15. What is the ideal time interval for patient monitoring in the Post-anasthesia care unit?
a. Every hour
b. Every 15 minutes
c. Every 30 minutes
d. Every 10 minutes
AIIMS NORCET Model Test Series
JIPMER Nursing Model Test Series
100 Important Nursing Questions and Answers
Please Subscribe Our YouTube channel – The Nurse
Like our Facebook Page: The Nurse
Please Subscribe to get all our posts in your mail inbox