Community Health Nursing Questions
1. Infant mortality rate is usually expressed as a rate per how many live births in a year?
2. Which among the following are not Healthcare Delivery Indicators?
a. Doctor-population ratio.
b. Doctor-nurse ratio.
c. Population-nurse ratio.
d. Population per health sub center.
3.———– measures the frequency of all cases (old and new) existing during a defined period of time expressed in relation to a defined population?
b. Period prevalence
d. Prevalence and period prevalence
4. At health center most of the vaccine (except polio) can be stored up to 5 weeks, if refrigerator temperature is strictly kept at?
5. Opened multi dose vial vaccines with no preservatives should be discarded within?
6. Incubation period of Diphtheria is?
a. 1-2 days
b. 2-6 days
c. 6-10 days
d. 8-12 days
7. Which among the following is not live attenuated vaccine?
a. Inactivated Polio Virus (IPV)
c. Chicken pox
8. The ability of a test to identify correctly all cases those who have the disease that is true positive is called as?
9. Guinea worm disease is also termed as?
c. Kala Azar
d. None of the above
10. Asexual life cycle of malarial parasite in human body is termed as?
d. both schizogony and sporogony
11. Undulant fever is?
12. National rural health mission introduced in?
a. 15 April 2005
b. 25 April 2005
c. 5 April 2009
d. 15 April 2009
13. One of the goals of health for all by 2000 was the attainment of life expectancy of how many years?
a. 55 years
b. 68 years
c. 64 years
d. 70 years
14. Balawadi nutrition program started for the benefit of children in the age group of?
a. 4-8 year
b. 5-8 year
c. 9-10 year
d. 3-6 year
15. Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) includes
a. Tetanus immunization
b. Institutional deliveries
c. Iron and folic acid supplementation
d. Promoting exclusive breastfeeding
Community Health Nursing Multiple Choice Questions
16. Adjuvant used in DPT vaccine is:
17. ASHA worker’s performance is monitored through.
a. Number of deliveries attended
b. Number of home visits done
c. Reduction in IMR
d. Number of training hours attended
18. Ongoing measurement of performance of a health service refers to:
19. When temporary hard water is boiled, one of the substances formed is
a. calcium bicarbonate
b. calcium sulfate
c. hydrogen chloride
d. carbon dioxide
20. Sedimentation is a physical process used in wastewater treatment to
a. remove particles that are less dense than water
b. remove particles that are denser than water
c. remove the pertinacious material from the water
d. none of the above
21. The common methods used for disinfection in wastewater treatment plants are
b. UV light
c. Both chlorination and UV light
d. Phenolic solvent
22. Permanent hardness of water is caused by the presence of
a. bicarbonates of calcium and magnesium
b. carbonates of sodium and potassium
c. chlorides and sulfates of calcium and magnesium
d. phosphates of sodium and potassium
23. First and foremost, element of PHC is?
c. Health education
d. Provision of safe drinking water
24. The drug of choice falciparum malaria is?
d. Amphotericin B
25. The subjective component of well-being is referred to as?
a. Physical quality of life
b. Quality of work
c. Quality of life
d. Standard of living
26. In health care delivery system grass root level workers includes?
a. Anganwadi workers
b. Village health guide
d. All the above
27. Is the following vaccine contraindicated in pregnancy?
d. All the above
28. Father of epidemiology is?
a. John Snow
b. Karl Landsteiner
c. Joseph Lister
d. Robert Hook
29. Which of the following is the early sign of leprosy?
a. Loss of sensation
b. Lesions over the skin
c. Thickened painful nerves
d. Sinking of the nose bridge
30. The act that is recommended for provision of crèches for women in factories?
a. ESI Act 1948
b. The Indian Mines Act 1923
c. The Factories Act 1976
Community Health Nursing Questions and Answers with Rationales
31. Bagassosis is caused by inhalation of?
a. Sugarcane dust
b. Jute dust
c. Cotton dust
d. Coal dust
32. In which state, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme was launched?
c. Uttar Pradesh
33. Method for waste disposal in small camps?
b. Land filling
34. Nursing interventions directed at health promotion in the older adult are primarily focused on?
a. Disease management.
b. Controlling symptoms of illness.
c. Teaching positive health behaviors
d. Teaching regarding nutrition to enhance longevity
35. RDA of iodine for an adult is
a. 50 µg / day
b. 100 μg/ day
c. 75 µg/ day
d. 150 µg/ day
36. Which among the following is a Target group in secondary prevention?
a. Healthy individuals
37. Quarantine period should be calculated based on?
a. Minimum incubation period
b. Maximum incubation period
c. Period of communicability
d. Median incubation period
38. Time between infection and maximum infectivity is known as?
a. Incubation period
b. Generation time
c. Serial interval
d. Communicable period
39. At the Primary Health Centre (PHC) level, vaccines are stored in?
a. Cold box
b. Deep freezer
c. Ice lined refrigerator
d. Walk in cold room
40. First census in India was done in which year?
41. Drug of choice for cholera chemoprophylaxis is?
42. 100ml of human milk provides how many Kcal?
a. 60 kcal
b. 400 kcal
c. 40 Kcal
d. 70 Kcal
43. In which five-year plan programme ASHA was introduced?
a. 8th five-year plan
b. 9th five-year plan B.
c. 10th five-year plan
d. 11th five-year plan
44. Eligible couples are those couples whose wife is in the age group of?
a. 18 – 35 years
b. 15 – 45 years
c. 18 – 40 years
d. 20 – 30 years.
45. Pulse Polio Immunization was introduced in the year?
46. In which year, a nationwide family planning programme was launched in India?
47. Leading Cause of maternal deaths in India is?
d. Obstructed labor
48. Stillbirth rate includes fetal death after how many weeks?
a. 20 weeks
b. 28 weeks
c. 24 weeks
d. 32 weeks
49. “3-D” in hospital waste management means?
a. Disinfection, Disposal, Drainage
b. Discard, Disinfection, Drainage
c. Destruction, Deep burial, Drainage
d. Destruction, Deep burial, Disposal
50. What is the major role of Glucose in ORS powder?
a. To promote energy
b. To stabilize glucose level
c. To assist transport of electrolytes
d. For promoting taste
Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing Questions and Answers
Please Subscribe Our YouTube channel – The Nurse
Like our Facebook Page: The Nurse
Please Subscribe to get all our posts in your mail inbox