Safe blood for all
The blood donation is beneficial for both the recipient and the donor. After the blood donation the body works to replenish the blood loss and stimulates the production of new blood cells and helps in maintaining good health.
The person who donates his blood must be a hero, and we encourage every health and able person to do the same.
The advantages of blood donation includes
It reduces the extra iron level in our body
Identifies adverse health effects during screening tests and physical examination
Helps people feel good about themselves
The World Blood Donor Day is celebrated on June 14, every year to encourage people to do blood donation, emphasize the importance of safe blood for everyone in need, etc. Transfusion of blood and blood products save millions of lives every year. The need for blood and blood products is universal, but access to safe blood and blood products varies greatly across and within the countries.
The Host for World Blood Donor Day 2019 is Rwanda. The global event will be held in Kigali, Rwanda on 14 June 2019
The objectives of this year’s campaign are:
- to celebrate and thank individuals who donate blood and to encourage those who have not yet donated blood to start donating;
- to highlight the need for committed, year-round blood donation, to maintain adequate supplies and achieve universal and timely access to safe blood transfusion;
- to focus attention on donor health and the quality of donor care as critical factors in building donor commitment and a willingness to donate regularly;
- to demonstrate the need for universal access to safe blood transfusion and provide advocacy on its role in the provision of effective health care and in achieving the goal of universal health coverage;
- to mobilize support at national, regional and global levels among governments and development partners to invest in, strengthen and sustain national blood programs.
For more details please visit WHO website https://www.who.int
Nursing Practice Questions and Answers Please Visit www.thenursepage.com