Table of Contents
Medical & Surgical Nursing Questions with Answers 2023
Are you seeking the latest Medical Surgical Nursing questions and answers in 2023? Get comprehensive and up-to-date information on key concepts, procedures, and best practices in Medical-Surgical Nursing. Boost your knowledge and confidence with our expertly curated questions and answers, and easily prepare for your exams. Don’t miss out on this valuable resource – read our blog post today!
1. Which of the following is not a symptom of hypoglycemia?
b. Rapid heart rate
c. Blurred vision
2. A nurse is caring for a patient with COPD. Which of the following interventions should be avoided to prevent exacerbation?
a. Administering oxygen therapy
b. Encouraging deep breathing exercises
c. Providing adequate hydration
d. Administering bronchodilators as prescribed
3. Which of the following is not a common symptom of meningitis?
b. Neck stiffness
c. Nausea and vomiting
d. Joint pain
4. A patient with a history of congestive heart failure presents with shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing. Which of the following medications would be the most appropriate for this patient?
a. Furosemide (Lasix)
b. Prednisone (Deltasone)
c. Metformin (Glucophage)
d. Warfarin (Coumadin)
5. A nurse is providing discharge instructions to a patient who underwent a total hip replacement. Which of the following instructions should the nurse include?
a. Avoid crossing your legs while sitting
b. Walk with a wide gait to maintain balance
c. Apply heat to the incision site for pain relief
d. Sleep on your stomach to alleviate pressure on the hip joint
6. A patient with a history of hypertension is prescribed lisinopril. Which of the following statements is true about lisinopril?
a. It is a beta-blocker
b. It is a calcium channel blocker
c. It is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
d. It is a diuretic
7. A patient with a history of coronary artery disease complains of chest pain. Which of the following interventions should the nurse prioritize?
a. Administering pain medication
b. Placing the patient in a supine position
c. Administering nitroglycerin as prescribed
d. Providing emotional support
Medical Surgical nursing MCQ with Answers
8. Which of the following is not a typical side effect of chemotherapy?
a. Nausea and vomiting
b. Hair loss
9. A patient is diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Which of the following interventions should the nurse prioritize?
a. Administering oxygen therapy
b. Administering heparin as prescribed
c. Placing the patient in a Trendelenburg position
d. Administering a beta-blocker
10. A patient with a history of heart failure is prescribed digoxin. Which of the following is a sign of digoxin toxicity?
d. Visual disturbances
11. A patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, COPD is prescribed ipratropium bromide. Which of the following is the correct administration technique for ipratropium bromide?
a. Administer via inhalation
b. Administer subcutaneously
c. Administer intravenously
d. Administer orally
12. A patient with diabetes is prescribed metformin. Which of the following is a potential side effect of metformin?
d. Gastrointestinal upset
13. A patient with a history of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is prescribed warfarin. Which of the following is a potential complication of warfarin therapy?
14. A patient with chronic kidney disease is prescribed epoetin alfa. Which of the following is the therapeutic effect of epoetin alfa?
a. Decrease in blood pressure
b. Increase in red blood cell production
c. Increase in urine output
d. Decrease in potassium levels
15. Which of the following is not a common symptom of hypothyroidism?
b. Weight gain
c. Heat intolerance
d. Cold intolerance
Painful micturition is called?
The disease chikungunya is transmitted by
a. Mosquito bite
b. Contaminated food and water
c. Direct contact with an infected person
d. Airborne droplets
Which mosquito transmits chikungunya
a. Aedes aegypti
b. Anopheles mosquito
c. Culex mosquito
d. Sand fly
What is Lupus disease?
a. A bacterial infection
b. A viral infection
c. An autoimmune disease
d. A genetic disorder
Please Subscribe Our YouTube channel – The Nurse
Like our Facebook Page: The Nurse
Please Subscribe to get all our posts in your mail inbox
You May Also Like
The Ultimate Guide to Clopidogrel 75 mg: Benefits, Dosage, and Side Effects – Click Here
Nursing Ethics Questions and Answer 2023 – Click Here